The ideal time for Global Biohazard Technologies to assist you is when you are building or renovating a laboratory. As your Owner’s Advocate, our Certification Team will create a dialogue with the Owner to determine the needs and goals of your containment facility. We will guide the Owner throughout the design, construction and operation process to ensure that the laboratory is compliant with the CDC/NIH guidelines: "Biosafety in Microbiological and Biomedical Laboratories (BMBL)," the USDA Animal Research Service guidelines, the World Health Organization (WHO) Guidelines and applicable country specific regulations. We work together with your team to develop plans that are consistent with these guidelines. GBT’s worldwide experience provides a resource for your control of scope, schedule and budget. A letter of certification, valid for one year, will be issued upon completion of the project. We can provide training so your employees can work in the laboratory properly.
1. The Certification Team visits your site to determine the existing facility’s potential compliance with BSL-3 or BSL-4 criteria; assess systems failure responses; assess security; and assess laboratory administrative controls, policies and procedures.
2. We provide you with a report of findings to include budget estimates of costs for modifications for compliance.
3. Assist in selection of the design firm and construction method.
4. The Certification Team meets with the architect and engineer to review concept equipment, architectural and engineering drawings and provide comments.
5. The initial review starts when 35% of completed equipment, architectural and engineering drawings (final) are completed and then followed when 50% completed equipment, architectural and engineering drawings are completed and comments are provided.
6. Policies and procedures drafts are reviewed and comments are provided.
7. A review of the 95% completed equipment, architectural and engineering drawings (final) is completed and comments are provided.
8. The Certification Team visits your site when construction is 75% complete to inspect construction. Comments are provided on findings from on-site inspection.
9. The Final Report is prepared.
10. Upon compliance with all requirements of the CDC and NIH guidelines for the BSL-3 or BSL-4 Laboratory and recommendations of the report, GBT will issue a letter of certification and compliance.